Careers with Omtool
Twenty-five years of industry leadership & innovation
Join our Growing Team!
Omtool’s success can be attributed to several factors. While our state-of-the-art software, automation and document routing solutions play a significant role, we also believe in a genuine commitment to hard work. Our team’s focus centers around the success of our clients. The office culture doesn’t just support team work, it fosters collaboration, encourages creativity and thrives on strong interpersonal relationships. As an employee at Omtool, you’re more than a colleague -you are family. Our core values and culture not only allow us to stay true to ourselves, but also to uphold our relentless commitment to our solutions while delivering high levels of customer service and support.
If you’re a talented, experienced and creative professional, we want to hear from you. We offer competitive salaries, a great work environment and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
If you are driven by the same values as Omtool, we would be very interested in starting a conversation.
Professional Growth. You’re in it for the long haul — and so is Omtool. We aim to hire, develop, and retain the best team in our market by fostering an environment where individuals can learn, grow, and advance their careers without limit.
Customer Success. We only succeed if our customers succeed. So each team member has a direct role to play in supporting our growing customer base while ensuring their satisfaction, both collectively and individually.
An Entrepreneurial Spirit. Team members need to be hands-on, driven, and willing to do whatever is necessary to get the job done. Results matter here — and we focus on planning, prioritizing, and being accountable for achieving our goals. While legacy experience is valuable, we also like to see proficiency within a start-up environment, as well as proven success and expertise within a larger organization—whether that be driving collective goals through implementation or spearheading innovative and dynamic new processes.
Current Positional Openings:
Technical Support Engineer
This is a full time, staff position within the Technical Support Department. Technical Support Engineers use their technical knowledge, product knowledge and problem-solving skills to assist customers with technical questions, trouble-shoot potential problems and rectify existing problems. As a member of Omtool’s broader technical teams, this position will also work to successfully satisfy customer requirements through installation, implementation and solution development. This is done in coordination with other Omtool departments to include, Client Services, Sales, Marketing and SQA.
- The ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues. Establishing and maintaining a positive relationship with customers via telephone or written communication is a must
- Effectively communicate (orally and in writing) with customers and set expectations
- Request information data points based on predefined criteria, with additional inquiry based upon technical knowledge
- Clearly document problem description, each activity, and solution in database for each case
- Perform in-depth analysis of customer issues to determine causes and solutions
- Work with customers, Engineering, Support and QA staff to investigate, test, and develop solutions or workarounds to resolve issues
- Communicate the status of issues to customers and management
Identify high priority customer issues and escalate them to management appropriately
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in Omtool products and IS technology
- Provide input for online support resources, such as the Knowledge Base
- Work with our Client Services team to implement solutions, develop workflows and assist in the delivery of contracted services as required
- As required, assist the Omtool Sales and Marketing teams in representing Omtool solutions, through technical presentation, demonstration and solution development
- Participate in 24/7 on call-based support schedule
- Up to 25% travel may be required
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality
- Work overtime as required
- Cooperate with other departments to ensure ongoing customer success and satisfaction
- Assist with testing of new software releases
- Assist in implementing practices that will more effectively utilize department resources
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Customer relationship development skills a must to help drive high-level of satisfaction and experience
- Well-organized with close attention to detail
- Proficiency in the use and configuration of the Microsoft suite of operating systems
- Experience with SQL, Lotus Notes, SAP, Exchange, IIS and/or SMTP helpful
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, in complex environments, towards team goals
- Ability to provide a high volume of quality problem resolutions to customers
- Good time management skills
Training and Experience:
- Associates degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years technical support and/or technical services delivery experience.
Inside Sales Representative
In this strategic, inside sales role you will be an integral member of our sales team. Primary responsibilities include lead generation activities such as cold calling, lead qualification, closing sales, and account management. You will assist and support the regional sales manager in negotiating and closing sales opportunities within a defined territory. Candidate will have the opportunity to grow into a field sales position.
- Meet and exceed 100% of lead generation and productivity goals.
- Telephone prospecting – average call expectation is 60+ calls per day.
- Proactively call into target accounts and our existing database to find opportunities and position Omtool to prospects looking for the market’s best document routing software.
- Respond to leads from market-driven campaigns to drive interest in our solutions.
- In coordination with a Regional Sales manager, assist in the development of a Strategic Territory plan.
- Partner with your assigned account manager and sales engineer to conduct outbound sales prospecting, lead generation and account penetration.
- Work closely with your sales team to develop territory and individual opportunity strategies to carry opportunities as far as possible, maximizing the capacity of your Account Manager.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of accounts, identifying needs, designing solutions, delivering demos, negotiating terms and closing deals.
- Accurately identify weekly revenue forecasts.
- Maintain accurate account information in Salesforce.com database.
- 10% travel may be required.
- 2- 3 years of inside sales experience with a software organization.
- Sales experience within the document management software market preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Documented experience selling document routing software solutions.
- Must have a strong passion to sell and succeed.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- A demonstrable capacity to keep abreast of new technology trends, associate needs and possible application to real-world projects.